Three organizations initially joined together as a coalition to submit applications to the Permanent Peoples’ Tribunal requesting that the court hear this case on Human Rights, Fracking and Climate Change:
- The Global Network for the Study of Human Rights and the Environment
Anna Grear, Director
Cardiff Law School
Cardiff, S Glam CF10 3AX
- Environment and Human Rights Advisory
Tom Kerns, Director
PO Box 907
Yachats, OR 97498
- Human Rights Consortium
Damien Short, Director
School of Advanced Study
University of London
London WC1E 7HU
- The Spring Creek Project and The Master of Arts in Environmental Arts and Humanities initiative (both at Oregon State University) served in the year prior to the Tribunal, along with the PPT Steering Group, as essential co-organizers providing key planning, technical, artistic and promotional support.
- The Permanent Peoples’ Tribunal, Gianni Tognoni, MD, Secretary General, selected the panel of ten judges to conduct the Tribunal and hear the cases presented by attorneys and others. The PPT is currently deliberating and reviewing all submitted written and oral testimony. Its final advisory opinion is expected in the early fall of 2018.
Permanent Peoples’ Tribunal Headquarters
Fondazione Lelio Basso Sezione Internazionale
Via della Dogana Vecchia
5 – 00186 Rome, Italy
- Zoom.us donated its conferencing software and technical support for conducting the plenary Sessions online and for the judges to use in their deliberations in the months following.